Thursday, April 23, 2009

MY Quarter


Where can you find two great people situated opposite each other for eternity?  Only on a coin... an American quarter dollar specifically...

George Washington and Helen Keller can be found on an Alabama quarter.  I happened to find this coin in my purse yesterday and I don't friggin' know how it got there.  Maybe somebody gave it to me as change.  I don't know who...  

I was just amazed with the words on the coin... LIBERTY on one side...COURAGE on the other.  Words that describe what these two great people possessed and fought for when they were still living.  

Why did the quarter come into my possession?  To remind me to have courage in order to fight for liberty?  On what ground?  On what war?  On what situation?  I don't really know...

I am keeping the quarter...  Maybe the greatness of Keller and Washington will rub off on me...someday...someday...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails