Monday, November 16, 2009

Pacquiao Defeated Cotto!

I know this is a day late and a lot have already made posts regarding the fight... However, I still want to say to the world that I am glad and proud that I am a Filipino in this lifetime!

Manny Pacquiao is a living example of a person who had humble beginnings but is now one of the most influential and inspiring people in the world. In spite of all the glory, he still remains humble...that's what I admire most about him. Congratulations Manny!

As for Miguel Cotto, I admire his sportsmanship. He even bothered to go up to Manny and give him a hug. Cotto is a great warrior too, he lasted longer than the others but he's not just tough enough for The Pacman.

For the next few days (or weeks) the Philippines will surely remain in a hazy state due to Pacman's victory. I just hope that after the celebrations, everyone will go back to their normal lives and work hard not only for themselves but also for the country. Elections are coming up and we have to do our duty to choose leaders who will help us make changes! But before that, we should cheer on and vote for Efren PeƱaflorida to be the ultimate hero of CNN Heroes. The guy needs our help so he can help more children!

I am proud to be Filipino. I am happy I am Filipino. I believe that we still have a lot to share to the world not only with our natural resources but also with our talents too! The Filipino race is a brave and honorable race. In my own little way, I will do what I can to make my country proud and help restore it back to its glory!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails