Thursday, May 28, 2009

CDO Bloggers Blogging 101 Workshop A Success!


Last Saturday, 23 May 2009, CDOBloggers conducted a workshop on the basics of blogging. The event was held in Sentro 1850's conference room and it was attended by more than seventy people. I was one of them!

The following were discussed in the workshop:
  • Setting Up a Blog (Blogger, WordPress, LiveJournal, etc.)
  • Blog Writing (Types of Blogs, Niche Blogging, Blog Ethics)
  • Blog Promotion and Marketing (Driving Traffic and Search Engine Optimization)
  • Monetizing (Paid Posts, Advertisements)
Due to time constraints, there were some points not discussed but the organizers pledged to send additional tips to the participants via email.

A mini-contest was part of the workshop to check out if the participants really understood what were discussed and the prizes included free website domains and hosting, and ILOVECDO t-shirts.

I pretended that I was a bit thick-faced (hahaha! just a bit) and stood up to answer one of the questions asked by one of the speakers. I won a free domain and hosting too! I wanted it badly so I grabbed the opportunity! Hahahaha!

The event was CDOBloggers' first baby and the org vows to learn a lot from it for improvements in the future. I'm looking forward to future events with CDOBloggers and I hope the org will become more successful!





1 comment:

Travel Mindanao said...

Sana may part 2 para to clear things out. kumbaga question and answer portion ;)

I am willing to help those newbie bloggers who wants to set up a wordpress blog on a dot com site.

Related Posts with Thumbnails