Monday, June 1, 2009

A Keyless Lock Is Not Impossible Anymore!

I remember the good old days when I was still a kid and a TV addict—I used to watch shows most kids my age didn’t watch. One of my favorite shows during prime time was Mission: Impossible. I had been amazed with the show because of the unusual missions of the characters and the thrilling, explosive scenes. Some of the extraordinary stuff in M:I included the characters’ disguises, the ways and means they searched for clues and solved puzzles, and the out-of-this-world gadgets they used to accomplish their missions.


As far as I can remember of the show, one of the most amazing things I’ve seen were portals with keyless locks. Main characters and villains alike passed through doors without using keys but just pressed their fingers on a scanner and they were allowed access. For many years I thought such things were impossible and would never exist in real life, little did I know there are people who strive to make those bizarre things a reality.


If and when I’m going to build my own home, I think I should make it secure by using a keyless lock on each door of my abode. I want a modern home and it would be interesting to use modern stuff not only for security reasons but for practical reasons too! I wouldn’t have to worry about losing my house keys for as long as my finger is with me, I can enter my house!


I know a couple of decades ago technology had been pretty laid back and having a keyless lock for one’s home may have been impossible. Here and now in the twenty-first century almost anything is possible. Almost anybody can get almost anything done, seems to me we really are finally catching up with the stuff in Mission: Impossible!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails