Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Life, Love... Love, Life!

The most powerful force in our lives is our ability to love.

Indeed, it’s the most basic essence of who we are.


The whole idea of compassion is based on a keen awareness of the other.

The whole purpose of life is to live by love.

-Thomas Merton



Last night my seventeen year old cousin Jason sent me this quote on my mobile. I was shocked and I wanted to weep for a while because I never expected such a young man to send serious stuff on the phone. Most kids his age don't even bother to send messages at all but then maybe I underestimated that age group.


Here I am, a decade older than my cousin yet I still refuse to understand what his message meant. I choose not to understand it. It will only make things more complicated than they already are.


Here I am, twenty-seven years and a day older from the day I was ripped from my mother's womb, and I am still very stubborn.


Running away is not an option.


Repressing emotions is not the solution.


Living life and loving it could be a good start...


The Beatles could be right...


It's EASY.

All you need is love, all you need is love,
All you need is love, love, LOVE IS ALL YOU NEED...




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails